Thursday, January 19, 2012

The business of swords, thinking and birthdays

 Class tonight was great. A shot to the pride, as always, but great nonetheless.

 I find that when I'm not doing something as well as I want, it's because I'm trying. There is wisdom in what master Yoda said, when he said: "Do, or do not. There is no try." When I "try", I find myself forcing things. Using muscle, powering through and increasing tension. When I stop trying, i usually succeed.

 When we focus on the goal, be it the way something should turn out, a target, a lock, we often fall short. We try to force it. We try to push into the hole, instead of guiding to the one that's there.

 But how to let it happen? I haven't figured that out yet. Occasionally, yes. Consistently, not even close.

 "Too many mind."

 In other news, my mind is on Robin a lot lately, so my studies (and video games and everything) are providing a welcome distraction.

 Her Birthday is Saturday.

 I'm not sure how I am going to do with that. I have a feeling this will be one of those days that is worse than the others. I'm going to try to celebrate life, and remember her well, more so than focusing on her not being here for it. A day at a time. One foot in front of the other.

The secret is walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment