Sunday, May 13, 2012

Half a year

So it's now been half a year since Robin passed away.

A year since my life, the life of my kids, the life of so many around us changed.

Time marches on though. It never stops, and you either quit, or keep going. I kept going, because it was my only choice. I have the kids to look out for now, and I was pleasantly surprised by falling in love with an old friend.

 In our darkest times, sometimes everything comes out and surprises us. Which we'd never see if we quit.

 Which really makes me thing about the Tough Mudder I did yesterday. Some of the guys from work wanted to do it, so I tossed my hat in the ring. Not enough time to really prepare for it, no real idea what lay in store, and I'm so glad I did it.

 After Robin passed, I decided to stop putting off doing things that I wanted to do. So when the Mudder came up, I signed up. It was one of the best thing's I've ever done.

 Make no mistake, I hurt quite a bit. I am sore, I have road rash and that lingering feeling that I pushed myself past my limit because I couldn't quit.

 Like all the signs say, "There's no quit in here."

 Like the rest of life.

 So now I see where it goes from here. Lots of new things happening now. A new relationship when I gave up on ever finding love again. Looking for a new house for the kids and I. Learning how to be the parent, on my own.

 So there we go. All you can do is keep going. "There's no quit in here."

No comments:

Post a Comment